Property Management with First National
Real Estate Lewis Prior
At Lewis Prior Home Rentals we take pride in the performance of our Property Management Department. Our rapid growth over the years has been due to our attention to detail and the professional service that we offer, over and above, simply looking after our Landlords.
The day to day management of our property portfolio pays close attention to ‘Quality Assurance’ principles with written systems and procedures. These procedures ensure that all matters are attended to in a uniform manner, thus reducing potential traps or inconvenience for our Clients.
If you would like to find out more about our Rental Management Services or arrange a FREE, No Obligation assessment of your property portfolio
you may contact the office on 8358 0999, click here to email
or visit our office located at 245 Diagonal Road, Warradale S.A. 5046.
22 Reasons why you should choose Lewis Prior Home Rentals to Lease & Manage your Residential Investment Property
1. Sales of Rental Properties
1. The Landlord must ensure that a prospective tenant is advised, before entering into a Residential Tenancy Agreement, if the Landlord has advertised the property for sale or intends to advertise for sale and of any existing Sales Agency Agreement for the sale of the property.
The Landlord must agree to advise Lewis Prior Home Rentals of any intention to list their property for sale.
2. Where there is an existing tenancy (or after the first 2 months of a tenancy) and a Landlord wishes to sell a property, notice is to be immediately served on the Tenant in writing (no later than 14 days from the date of the Sales Agency Agreement).
After a notice of the Landlord's intention to sell has been served on the tenant, 14 days must elapse before the property can be advertised or shown to prospective purchaser's.
3. Where an existing Landlord has signed a contract for the sale of the property with an existing tenancy, notice in writing is to be served on the tenant (no less than 14 days before the date of settlement) giving the full details of the new purchaser and their instructions on rent payments.
4. A new Landlord who has just settled on an investment property must within 14 days of becoming the new owner give a written notice to the tenants giving the agents name, contact details, address for the service of notices and the new Landlords full name and address.
2. Change of Landlord's Details
At any time there is a change in the Landlord's details such as name, address, etc. the tenant must be notified in writing.
3. Manufacturer's Instruction Manuals
It is a requirement of the Residential Tenancies Act that tenants must receive a copy of all Manufacturers Manuals and/or user instructions for appliances and domestic facilities. Failure to comply may leave the Landlord without rights of compensation for misuse of facilities.
4. Applications / Tenant Selection
Applications from prospective Tenants will include employment information, details of current Landlord references, 2 personal references, next of kin, drivers licence identification and an acknowledgement that they are not bankrupt or undischarged bankrupt. Only after a successful screening process will applications be presented to the Landlord for their authorisation. Our policy is that we would rather have a vacant property than take risks with potentially bad Tenants. Damage or devaluation of a property due to bad Tenant selection can be far more expensive than an extra week or two seeking appropriate Tenants.
Communication is the key to good rental management. You should expect prompt attention to all matters and constructive feedback in relation to legal matters, maintenance requirements and Tenant disputes.
Our office phones are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for Emergency situations. The Principals of Lewis Prior Home Rentals have an open door policy and will make themselves available to you regarding any Real Estate matter.
6. Final Inspection
When a Tenant has given notice to terminate the Tenancy we require that a forwarding address and contact details are supplied to us. Arrangements will be made with the vacating Tenant, for a suitable time to conduct a Final Inspection of the property and a Final Inspection Guide will be posted to the Tenant as a checklist to assist them as they prepare to vacate. Bond refund applications are only processed after the satisfactory completion of the Final Inspection, return of all keys to the property and payment of any outstanding monies.
7. Home Advisory Service
1. Lewis Prior First National Real Estate will provide regular market updates and a Free Home Appraisal service, should you wish to update your records or be considering the refinancing of the property.
2. We also provide our Clients with free consultation on the development potential of their properties. Many homes have potential far above the existing use. Sub-division or unit development may significantly increase the overall value of the property, therefore, allowing a Landlord to refinance and increase their rental portfolio.
3. We have many trusted contacts including Building Trades, Building Inspectors, Conveyancers, Finance Brokers, Lawyers, Accountants, etc. We believe that Referral Business is the best form of business.
8. Industry Affiliations / Training
All of the Lewis Prior First National team attend regular professional development training in order to stay at the peak of their industry. We are also proud members of the Real Estate Institute of South Australia and abide by the R.E.I.S.A. Code of Conduct.
9. Landlord Payments / Financial Statements
Payments to our Landlords are made on a fortnightly basis by direct bank transfer. Our ‘Business Banking’ system means that your money is working for you sooner and does not require the clearance days necessary on cheque payments. Lewis Prior Home Rentals can arrange to pay accounts on your behalf. These may include Council Rates, S.A. Water Rates, Landlord Protection Insurance and maintenance contractors if required. These details will appear on your monthly statement of income and expenditure, creating an easy reference for your Tax Agent or Accountant at tax time. An End of Financial Year statement is also provided to you.
10. Landlord Protection Insurance
Who will pay the rent if the Tenant won’t ?
Only professional Property Managers have access to this unique Insurance Policy which can give you the ultimate peace of mind as a Landlord. Your normal building insurance generally only covers accidental damage to your valuable property but not loss of rent through a Tenant's default, or malicious damage. Call us to ask about your options for Landlord Protection Insurance.
12. Routine Inspections
The first Routine Inspection of the property will take place 6 weeks after a new Tenancy commences, with subsequent inspections being carried out every 4 months unless required early by the Property Manager. These inspections will be reported to you as a typed report including the properties general condition, any required repairs and recommendations for preventative maintenance (i.e. external painting, tree removal etc). Reports will be emailed to you with any accompanying photos.
13. Property Condition Report
The initial inspection is an itemised ‘Property Condition Report’ of the cleanliness and condition of the premises at the commencement of the Tenancy Agreement. Our initial inspection will include numberous relevant photos taken, to give us a genuine record of special features and garden presentation. A complete photocopy of all the keys given to the Tenant at the commencement of the Tenancy is taken. This ensures that the Tenant returns all the keys at the conclusion of the Tenancy, thus reducing costs to the Landlord for key cutting.
14. Rental Bond
Lewis Prior Home Rentals requires that a Bond be paid before the commencement of all Residential Tenancy Agreements. The Bond will be lodged as required with the Residential Tenancies Branch. The Bond is held as security against any damage, undue wear and tear and / or outstanding monies owing at the end of the Tenancy.
15. Rent Collection / Arrears
Rent monies are payable by the Tenants on a fortnightly basis, in advance, either by ‘Direct Debit’ or via their 'Rent card', which allows for payments directly into our account on a 24 hour basis. With our internet banking system, rent payments can be monitored on a daily basis with prompt attention paid to any rent arrears.
16. Rent Reviews
Your rental income will directly influence your ability to grow your property portfolio. We regularly assess the rental income on your property, taking into account the average rents of similar properties in the local area, property condition, quality of the Tenant and length of Tenancy. Where we see that a rent increase is justified, we will advise you and seek your instructions.
17. Repairs and Maintenance
All repairs and maintenance are referred to our Landlords for authorisation. You may choose to use a tradesperson from our ‘Trusted Trades List’ or we will happily arrange the repairs with a tradesperson of your choice. We place a high priority on maintenance, as this will ensure that your property will remain in good condition and enjoy excellent capital growth.
18. Residential Tenancy Agreement
The Lease Agreement is a standard Real Estate Institute Tenancy Agreement with the addition of our own Annexures of additional important clauses, designed to protect the Landlord’s interests as much as possible.
19. Sales (Thinking of Selling?)
The Lewis Prior team has built an enviable reputation within the First National group and the local area for its sales achievements. Specialising in the sale of residential homes, investment properties and properties with development potential you will benefit by dealing direct with the professionally trained sales team. *Click here for a Free Market Appraisal
20. Service Guarantee
We are confident that our management procedures are second to none and therefore provide a written ‘Guarantee of Service’. If at any time you are dissatisfied with our service we will immediately release you from your Management Agreement and pass on the management file to you.
No Argument - No Excuses - No Delay!
21. Tenancy Disputes / Residential Tenancies Tribunal
Our record in the Residential Tenancies Tribunal speaks for itself and indicates that our choice of Tenants, ‘Quality Assurance’ management procedures and ability to professionally manage Tenant disputes will give you great peace of mind that your property is in safe hands.
22. View Available Properties
All of our available rental properties are listed on this site with description, photos and lease terms. *Just click here to view available properties.